Monday, August 8, 2011

Egg/sausage Casserole - this time without the sausage!

This recipe actually calls for sausage, but I was out.....so instead we substituted some fresh basil and tomatoes from our garden!!!

Here's the original recipe:
6 slices bread, cubed
1 lb sausage, browned and drained
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
8 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
1 tsp salt
pepper to taste

Start with a greased 9x13 pan and tear/cube 6 slices of bread and layer in the bottom. Then sprinkle evenly with sausage and then 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese. Next, mix together the eggs, milk and salt/pepper and pour over other ingredients.

Next, bake for 45 minutes at 325 degrees. YUM!

Since I had no sausage, this is what I did to mine (before egg mixture was poured on - and notice I left the "funny business" to half of it so my kids would eat the rest):



Then I added egg mixture and baked for 45 minutes:



And the finished product!



YUM!!

No comments: