I came across an e-book that is on sale right now that sounds like it might answer our questions. It is called "Real Food on a Real Budget". She has done research and made a plan of how you can save 20-30% on your families food budget!!! You can find the book and the reviews at this site:
What You Can Expect to Learn From This 280-Page Book:
- How to shave literally hundreds and potentially even thousands off of your grocery expenses every year, without compromising on what you buy!
- How to establish a realistic food budget for your unique family, and actually stick to it.
- How to provide better nutrition and cost effectiveness through a meal planning method that suits you best.
- How to find places to buy whole and traditional foods wherever you live and compare prices so that you know you're getting the absolute best deals.
- Why, what and how to buy in bulk and what to do with all that food!
- Which foods are both nutrient-dense, cost-effective, and how to work your diet around them.
- Why cooking from scratch is key to eating real foods, how to find the time to do it, and how to use that time as effectively as possible.
- Why you should purchase your foods seasonally and locally, preserve them for cheaper year-round eats, and even grow them yourself.
- How to evaluate whether couponing can work for you and help to stretch your budget just a little bit further.
- Countless tips for practicing frugality in your kitchen.
- And more... (that's what they all say, right? But it's true!)
I don't know about you, but it sounds like a good read to me! I'm going to purchase it tonight!!!
In the meantime, here's a yummy recipe for roasted pumpkin seeds - they are SO addictive!!!
ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS
1. Place washed and rinsed pumpkin seeds on cookie sheet.
2. Melt some coconut oil and pour over seeds, tossing to coat.
3. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder (generous on the garlic powder).
4. Bake in 250 oven for about an hour or so, until seeds are starting to lightly brown and become crunchy.
You can buy a "digital" copy of the book (aka "E-Book") for $9.97 BUT ONLY THROUGH FRIDAY, Nov. 5th. Sorry for the late notice on the sale, but I just came across it myself!