Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Chicken & Artichoke Bake

I have neglected my blog lately - - - sorry! I have been feeling the effects of the end of pregnancy....I'm ready for this baby to be born!!! We are due 12/31, but I've always felt it was going to come before Christmas....we'll see if I'm right or if its just wishful thinking.

BUT, it hasn't stopped me from trying a new recipe here and there. Here is what I made for lunch on Sunday - I was trying to avoid going to the grocery store and use what I had, so I found a recipe and make some changes to it....it was SUPER yummy! I think you'll like it! Even my kids ate it up!!!

CHICKEN ARTICHOKE BAKE

Ingredients

  • 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces (I used 2 chicken breasts)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 4 tablespoons butter (I used coconut oil)
  • 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced (Didn't have any - still turned out!)
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 3 tablespoons sherry (I used red wine)
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
  • 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and paprika to taste. Melt butter/coconut oil in heavy skillet and brown chicken on all sides. Remove to covered 9x13 inch casserole.
  3. Add mushrooms to pan drippings and saute. Add flour and gradually add stock or broth and sherry/wine. Season with rosemary; deglaze skillet.
  4. Arrange artichoke hearts among the chicken pieces and pour sauce over all. Cover and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 40 minutes or until tender.

This was REALLY, REALLY tasty - it is sort of "juicy", so when I make it again I'll probably serve it over quinoa or couscous, etc. ENJOY!!!

No comments: